Platform Reporters, a leading online news publishers in Nigeria with special coverage interest in the maritime sector and organisers of Face of Maritime International (FOMI) pageantry says it will close the ongoing free registration into FOMI Season 0.4 precisely on August 28, 2019, instead of July 31 as earlier scheduled.
In a press statement made available to newsmen on Monday, the Project Director of FOMI, Mr Sylvanus Obasi said that intending contestants and applicants are expected to take advantage of the one month extension to conclude their registration processes and send their Profile with a full-shot photograph to the organisers through the official Whatsapp Number.
Recall that Face Of Maritime International is an industry pageant of international standards which advocates greater participation of women in maritime careers. FOMI was founded by Platforms Communications in July, 2016. The aims and objectives of FOMI are built on four pillars, namely:
a. to change the perception that maritime is all for men.
b. to Champion Girls-Go-To-Sea campaign.
c. to Promote Nigeria’s maritime tourism potentials.
d. to mentor and empower young women in maritime career path.
CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. Contestant must be a female from any country of the world.
2. Could either be a student, a young professional or a graduate.
3. Must have SSCE as minimum education qualification.
4. Contestants/graduates from maritime academies or with maritime background is added advantage.
5. Contestants must be between the ages of 18 and 28.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE WINNERS
The winner who shall be crowned Face Of Maritime International, will undertake the following duties and responsibilities during her one year reign:
1. Organise mentoring seminars for maritime students.
2. Champion the Girls Go-To-Sea Campaign as pet-project.
3. Mobilise maritime schools and students to participate in the Annual Maritime Students & Youth Conference.
4. Organise and lead Maritime Students on Maritime tourism and excursions.
5. Embark on any other project that will benefit Maritime Students, young maritime professionals and further advance the development of maritime industry.
6. Will also be a maritime ambassador to organisations and corporate companies within or outside the maritime industry.
1. A brand new car plus 500,000:00 Cash Prize to the Crowned Queen.
2. #300,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 1st Runner up.
3. #200,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 2nd Runner up.
4. Opportunity to represent Nigeria in local and int’l maritime events.
5. Job opportunities in the maritime sector.
6. Scholarship opportunity for short time maritime courses, and so much more!
2019 FOMI EVENT CALENDAR
Registration: May 1 – Aug 28, 2019.
Audition: Saturday, Aug 31, 2019.
Voting: Sat, Sept 7– Fri, Oct 18, 2019
Sale of Tickets: Sept 21– Oct 19, 2019
Camping: Sat, Oct 12 – Fri Oct 18, 2019.
Grand Finale – Saturday, Oct 19, 2019.
FOR INQUIRIES: Call/Whatsapp: 08146289698 or 07039705851
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: Follow us on the social media and like our pages:
Facebook: Face of Maritime International
Youtube: Face of Maritime TV
FOMI FREE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
HOW TO REGISTER:
To register, kindly answer these brief questions about yourself and send it to our official WhatsApp number: 08146289698
My name is…
An indigene of… state
I am… in complexion
My favourite colour is….
I am… tall
My favourite food is..
Am a student of… or a graduate of…
Am studying… or I studied… or am working as…
I am… years old
My philosophy is…
My reason for contesting in FOMI is…
If I win FOMI crown, my pet-project will be…
Then make a remark about yourself, and send your answers with your favourite photo to our official WhatsApp no: 08146289698.
NOTE: We will use the info to create your official profile as FOMI Contestant. So please be sincere in your answers.