Platforms Communications, Publishers of Platform Reporters Online News is glad to invite you to her 4th Annual Maritime Students & Youth Conference tagged, A Day With Nigeria Maritime Students 2019 Edition. This year’s Conference is in celebration of Platforms Communications 5th Anniversary. Please come and celebrate with us!
EVENT BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES:
A DAY WITH NIGERIA MARITIME STUDENTS is a yearly Conference organised by Platforms Communications for all Nigerian maritime students and all young maritime professionals on 27th May each year. The Conference is currently the only platform that converge both the young and older maritime practitioners and engage them in topical discussion on critical issues affecting the future of Nigerian maritime industry. It provides a suitable avenue for the students and up-coming professionals to meet, interact and share practical knowledge with the older professionals beyond the classroom teachings.
The event avails the students the opportunity to voice their challenges, ask pertinent questions and enable government agencies, private companies and industry players to understand the challenges of the students with a view to helping them overcome such challenges and better position themselves for success as future ambassadors and successors of the industry. Above all, the conference exposes the students and the up-coming young professionals to the enormous potential in the maritime sector and how to tap into it. About 500 maritime students from various maritime academies and institutions across the country attend the Conference each year.
This year, the event is scheduled to hold as follows:
DATE: Monday, May 27, 2019.
VENUE: Ace-Olivia Hall, Lagos City Mall, Onikan Lagos.
TIME: 9Am Prompt.
THEME: “BEYOND SEA-TIME”.
CHAIRMAN OF OCCASION: Dr MkGeorge Onyung, President, Shipowners Association of Nigeria.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Rt Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, Hon Minister of Transportation.
CHIEF GUEST OF HONOUR:
I. Hon. Patrick Asadu, Chairman, House Committee On Ports, Harbours & Waterways.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS & SPEAKERS:
– The Youth And Nigeria Maritime Potential: Developing The Right Competencies & Character for the Profession/Opportunities – Dr Bashir Jamoh, ED, Finance & Admin, NIMASA.
– Beyond Sea-Time: A Closer Look At Other Prospects and Challenges In Seafaring Profession – Capt Segun Enitan, Head of Marine Operation, Bluelake Offshore.
SPECIAL ADDRESSES & SPEAKERS
– Towards Efficient Port Operations In Nigeria: The NPA Initiatives – Hadiza Bala Usman, MD, NPA.
– NSC And 4 Years of Ports Economic Regulation: Evaluating the Gains & Pains of Regulation – Barr Hassan Bello, ES, NSC.
– Maximizing Nigerian Blue Economy For Sustainable Benefits Of Future Generations – Dr Dakuku Peterside, DG, NIMASA.
– Standards As Tools of Capacity Development For Nigerian Youths – DG, SON
– Prospects & Challenges of River Ports Development in Nigeria: The NIWA Perspective – Senator Olorunimbe Mamora, MD NIWA.
– NRC Plans Towards Seamless Cargo Evacuation by Rail – Engr Fidet Ohkiria, MD, NRC.
– E- CUSTOMS: Paperless Customs Administration for Economic Development & National Security – Col Hameed Ali (Rtd), CG, Nigeria Customs Service.