Platform Reporters, a leading online news publishers in Nigeria with special coverage interest in the maritime sector have flagged off the 3rd edition of her yearly peageantry known as Face of Maritime International (FOMI) Season 0.3 with online sale of forms which started on Sunday, July 1, 2017.
ABOUT FOMI: Face Of Maritime International is an industry pageant of international standards which advocates greater participation of women in maritime careers. FOMI was founded by Platforms Communications in July, 2016. The aims and objectives of FOMI are built on four pillars, namely:
a. to change the perception that maritime is all for men.
b. to Champion Girls-Go-To-Sea campaign.
c. to Promote Nigeria’s maritime tourism potentials
d. to mentor and empower young women in maritime career path. .
CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. Contestant must be a female from any country of the world.
2. Could either be a student, a young professional or a graduate.
3. Must have SSCE as minimum education qualification.
4. Contestants/graduates from maritime academies or with maritime background is added advantage.
5. Contestants must be between the ages of 18 and 28.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE WINNER
The winner who shall be crowned Face Of Maritime International, will undertake the following duties and responsibilities during her one year reign:
1. Organise mentoring seminars for maritime students.
2. Champion the Girls Go-To-Sea Campaign as pet-project.
3. Mobilise maritime schools and students to participate in the Annual Maritime Students & Youth Conference.
4. Organise and lead Maritime Students on Maritime tourism and excursions.
5. Embark on any other project that will benefit Maritime Students, young maritime professionals and further advance the development of maritime industry.
6. Will also be a maritime ambassador to organisations and corporate companies within or outside the maritime industry.
1. Official car, a plot of land in Lekki and #500, 000:00 Cash Prize to the Crowned Queen.
2. #300,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 1st Runner up.
3. #200,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 2nd Runner up.
4. Opportunity to represent Nigeria in local & int’l maritime events.
5. Job opportunities in the maritime sector.
6. Scholarship opportunity for short time maritime courses, and so much more!
FOMI 2018 TIME TABLE
Registration: July 1 – Sept 20 , 2018.
Audition: Saturday, Sept 22, 2018.
Voting: Sat, Sept 29 – Nov 16 , 2018
Sale of Tickets: October 20– Nov 17, 2018
Camping: Nov 7th – Nov 16th, 2018.
Grand Finale – Saturday, Nov 17, 2018.
REGISTRATION is absolutely free
FOR INQUIRIES: Call/Whatsapp: 08146289698 or 08028646794,
Email: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: Follow us on the social media and like our pages:
Facebook: Face of Maritime International
Youtube: Face of Maritime TV