Platform Reporters, a leading online news publishers in Nigeria with special coverage interest in the maritime sector have launched the 2nd edition of her yearly peagentry known as Face of Maritime International (FOMI) Season 0.2 with online sale of forms which started on Tuesday, June 1, 2017.
ABOUT FACE OF MARITIME INTERNATIONAL
BACKGROUND: Over the years, maritime profession across the world has been dominated by men? This is because many wrongly believe that the profession is only meant for the male folks. A visit to various maritime academies and institutions reveals that out of every 100 maritime students, only 15-25% are female.
This is worrisome, especially in a world where most female maritime professionals have done better in their careers than some of their male counterparts. Ladies all over the world need to be encouraged to take up career opportunities in the maritime sector.
Hence, we at Platform Reporters hereby launch Face of Maritime International (FOMI) Season 2 to continue our campaign for ladies to go to sea!
FACE OF MARITIME INTERNATIONAL is a yearly Pageantry which aims to attract and encourage girls all over the world to take up career opportunities in the maritime industry through its pet project known as Girls Go-To-Sea Campaign (GGOTSEC).
The Pageant is a campaign which advocates more participation of women in maritime profession in order to fill up career opportunities in the sector. Hence, FOMI is a Pageant beyond beauty.
CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY: Those desiring to participate in this contest, must meet the following criteria:
1. Contestant must first be a female from any country of the world.
2. Could either be a student, a young professional or a graduate already working or yet to secure a job.
3. Must have SSCE as minimum education qualification.
4. Contestants/graduates from maritime academies or with maritime background have an edge.
5. Above all, contestants must be between the ages of 16 and 28.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE WINNER
The winner who shall be crowned Face Of Maritime International, will undertake the following duties and responsibilities during her one year reign:
1. Organise mentoring seminars for maritime students.
2. Champion the Girls Go-To-Sea Campaign as pet-project.
3. Mobilise maritime schools and students to participate in the Annual Maritime Students & Youth Conference.
4. Organise and lead Maritime Students on Maritime tourism and excursions.
5. Embark on any other project that will benefit Maritime Students, young maritime professionals and further advance the development of maritime industry.
6. Will also be a maritime ambassador to organisations and corporate companies within or outside the maritime industry.
1. #500, 000:00 Cash Prize to the Crowned queen with an official car.
2. #300,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 1st Runner up.
3. #200,000: 00 Cash Prize to the 2nd Runner up.
4. Opportunity to represent Nigeria in local & int’l maritime events.
5. Job opportunities in the maritime sector, plus endorsement deal.
6. Scholarship opportunity to study maritime related courses, and so much more!
Sale of Forms: July 1 – Sept 4 , 2017.
Audition: Friday, Sept 8, 2017.
Faculty Training: Sept 16 – Oct 14, 2017 (Saturdays only).
Sale of Tickets: September 25 – Nov 4, 2017
Courtesy Visits: Oct 16th – 27th, 2017.
Camping: Oct 29th – Nov 3rd, 2017.
Grand Finale – Saturday, Nov 4, 2017.
COST OF FORM: Five Thousand Naira (5,000:00) only. Payable into Zenith Bank Account Number:1014337160.
Acc Name: Platforms Communications Concept.
Then come to the audition with your teller as evidence of payment.
FOR INQUIRIES: Call/Whatsapp:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or platformreporters@
You need to also follow us on the social media and like our pages:
Facebook: Face of Maritime International
Youtube: Face of Maritime TV